BizTalk Server 2006 / 2009
Microsoft Biztalk server is nothing but a Enterprise service bus. Biztalk server uses adapters to communicate with diferrent disparate software systems used in large enterprises. Biztalk Automates business process. Biztalk has the following functions
- 1. EAI
- 2. Business Process Automation
- 3. B2B Communication
- 4. Message Broker
Biztalk helps companies to integrate their disparate applications through flow of message between applications and there by automating business process by exchanging documents such as purchase order and invoices. Biztalk applications can be within organization(EAI) or across different organizations(B2B).
From Biztalk 2004 development happens with the help of Microsoft Visual Studio Dot net.
Versions of Biztalk
- 2000 - BizTalk Server 2000
- 2002 - BizTalk Server 2002
- 2004 - BizTalk Server 2004 (First version to run on Microsoft .NET 1.0)
- 2006 - BizTalk Server 2006 (First version to run on Microsoft .NET 2.0)
- 2007 - BizTalk Server 2006 R2 (First version to utilize the new Windows Communication Foundation via native adapter - (Release date October 2 2007))
- 2009 - BizTalk Server 2009 (First version to work with Visual Studio 2008)
- 2010 - BizTalk Server 2010 (First version to work with Visual Studio 2010, to be released after Visual Studio 2010) BizTalk roadmap